The main aims of this Foundation Degree are:
- To develop generic and transferable skills relevant to the widening Children’s and Young Peoples workforce sector to improve their employability and progression in this area.
- To provide students with underpinning knowledge of the common core requirements within the Children’s and Young Peoples work sector.
- To develop awareness of regulatory frameworks and appropriate approaches for Early Years, Childcare and Education contexts.
- To cultivate the development of autonomous thinking and learning.
- To provide Early Years, Childcare and Education practitioners with a course to a Higher Education qualification that enables successful students to progress on to an Anglia Ruskin University Honours Degree Course.
- To provide an opportunity to access programmes of continued professional development for those who wish to progress on to further study and sector related qualifications and Awards
- To achieve the specified learning outcomes contained within the modules of the course.
- To provide enhanced lifelong learning opportunities for personal and professional progression.
FdA Early Years, Childcare and Education (Education focus)
Assessment is via a mix of coursework and essays, plus other oral and activity-based assignments. All constituent modules for this course are assessed by at least one assignment, which is fine graded.
Our course provides an excellent opportunity to extend practice within your setting. With further study at level 6 it may also offer an opportunity to pursue a career in teaching. It can also deliver an excellent foundation for any number of roles within the wider educational environment.