The BA (Hons) Education top up will develop your professional knowledge, skills and understanding and, as it's part-time, you can continue to work while you study locally. We will cover a range of topical issues relating to learning, teaching and assessment in schools and other educational institutions. As well as contributing to your personal and academic development, taking our top-up course is a great way to further your career.
Following completion of the BA (Hons) Education, you will be able to enter a wide range of degree-level careers. You may wish to undertake further studies and training - perhaps gaining qualified teacher status. Modules will include a range of research units based on education as well as a major project. You will be assessed in a number of ways, including case studies, action research, reflection and a Major Project.
BA (Hons) Education Top-up
- Investigating Education Through Research
- Work Based Learning
- An Extended Experience has a focus of experiential learning in the workplace. This will take place in your place of employment or a placement setting within a educational context. You will select the specific focus in consultation with the module tutor, carry out the project and evaluate your development following completion of the project.
- Raising Achievement through Teaching and Learning
- This will allow you to reflect on why learners succeed or fail and what can be done to enable all
- Undergraduate Major Project
- This module will help you to develop either your practice or knowledge within a relevant educational setting.