This course allows you to study a variety of electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines both practically and theoretically. You will also have the opportunity to conduct research of your own through the final-year project module. This course will improve both your practical and academic skills to prepare you for a wide range of opportunities either in employment in Research and Development or on to a Masters degree course.
January start and Part-time study available
BEng (Hons) Integrated Engineering Top-up
The specific aims of this course are:
- To provide the opportunity for you to progressively acquire a thorough grounding in the concepts and skills of the central topics in engineering.
- To provide the specialist knowledge base and skills for you to specify and design the electronics subsystems relevant to a particular subject area.
- To provide you with the engineering skills and knowledge required in a business context to achieve an economic solution.
- To widen and develop your experiences and your organisational and analytical skills to enable you to enhance your role within your organisation.
- To enable you to consolidate professional and personal expertise in competitive commercial and industrial environments.
- To widen and develop your understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories to your chosen engineering discipline.
- To develop your creative and innovation skills in solving problems, and in designing systems, components and processes.
- To work separately or in a multi-disciplinary team.
- To encourage you to become an effective engineer and undertake lifelong learning particularly for continuing professional development.
Assessment will be via course work and examinations.
Links with industry and professional recognition
This degree has been accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology for Incorporated Engineer status.
On successful completion of this degree, you will be able to work within the engineering industry as a technician, design engineer, quality control engineer or test engineer. This programme is accredited as fulfilling the educational requirements for registration as an Incorporated Engineer when students transfer from the accredited HNC / HND or Foundation Degrees taken at Peterborough, Huntingdon and Thurrock and Basildon Colleges.