Call: 01733 214461 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Clearing?
Clearing is your opportunity to apply to university, during this period, you can see which courses have places remaining. You can use Clearing if you:
- apply after 30th June 2018
- didn't receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- didn't meet the conditions of your offers
Clearing officially begins on the 5th July 2018. However, we are also accepting applications prior to this date. You don’t need to wait until your results come out before applying to University Centre Peterborough (UCP) through Clearing, you can APPLY NOW.
The most important advice we can offer new students is do not to leave it too late or wait until your results come out before applying. This means that when you do get your results, the process will be even quicker and you will have already secured your place.
Our out of term hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm (until w/c 17th September 2018).
Our extended clearing drop-in centre is open:
Thursday 16th August, 8am – 8pm
Friday 17th August, 8am – 8pm
Saturday 18th August, 9am – 4pm
Monday 20th August, 8am – 8pm
What does UCP have to offer me?
University Centre Peterborough has a wide portfolio of undergraduate and higher education courses which include Business, Accounting, Computing, Engineering, Construction, Digital Arts, Digital Marketing & Communications, Education, Criminology, Crime & Investigative Studies, Bioscience, Sports Coaching, Sociology, Media Studies, English Literature and Archaeology plus many more.
As well as honours degrees, which last three years, we offer a variety of foundation level degrees, two years full time, and require lower entry requirements. After successfully completing a foundation level degree you may then be able to transfer onto one of our courses for an additional year to receive your full honours degree classification.
University Centre Peterborough can offer:
- a friendly and professional learning environment
- smaller class sizes where staff get to know you as individuals and can offer you more support
- convenient course timetabling as the majority of courses are studied in two full days giving you more time for independent study, part time work or other commitments
You can benefit from:
- lower tuition fees by studying at UCP - save up to £3,750 during a three year degree
- up to a £3,000 bursary for full time undergraduate students (pro rata for part time)
- savings on accommodation and travelling if studying closer to home
Most importantly, UCP will help improve your employability locally after you graduate as businesses are looking for local graduates.
What information do I need to have ready to apply?
- Please make sure you have details of your Level 3 grades (actual or expected if you are still waiting for your grades) as well as GCSE qualifications.
- We will need your personal contact information so remember your full home address including post code, email and date of birth.
- If you have not applied through UCAS at all, we will need you to have personal statement ready.
What do I need to do if I want to study part-time?
UCP offers part-time options for the majority of undergraduate and higher education courses which are usually studied one day a week. Part-time students do not need to go through UCAS Clearing but can apply directly to us. Please complete the application form or contact us for further information.
Want to live away from home?
Not a problem. We have accommodation available for those students applying through clearing. You'll find full details and how to apply here.