All of the following information is relevant to students studying in the 2020/21 academic year and this page provides a central point of information relating to how we support students during Covid.
As the situation due to Covid is unprecedented and constantly changing, we follow the latest guidance and updates from the OfS (Office for Students), Public Health England (PHE) and the DfE (Department of Education).
We are committed to providing an outstanding, supportive academic experience for all our students and the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff is at the heart of everything we do.
We will continue to update all of our students as we adapt our plans. Weekly information will be provided to you via our Student Briefing (sent to your student email) and updates on this page.
Updates for returning to campus w/c 8th March 2021
The information on the links below contain important information including testing when returning to campus w/c 8th March 2021.
UCP students should also continue to read the regular Student Briefing emails.
Your guide to keeping safe on campus
To ensure your safety on campus from September 2020, please read the following guide which contains our 7 point plan to keeping you safe.
CLICK HERE for the current guidance for students and staff regarding wearing face coverings and reporting Covid symptoms or if you test positive.
FAQ for current students studying in 2020/21
CLICK HERE for latest information with answers to the following:
- What you can expect from us in 2020/21
- What does ‘blended learning’ mean for me?
- What if I am in a vulnerable category with an underlying or temporary health concern?
- How can I get additional learning support (ASL) for when I start my course?
- Can I be on campus when I do not have lectures/seminars?
- Will I still get individual and group tutorials with my lecturers?
- When will we return to face-to-face teaching?
- What safety procedures are being put in place so student and staff are safe?
- Can I mix with students from other courses?
- Will there still be events and activities for students?
- Will the catering facilities on-site be open?
- Can I still park my car on-site?
- Will student accommodation be available for students?
Student wellbeing and mental health
Covid has presented many challenges for all of us as many of you are juggling study, family and work commitments and due to this we have enhanced our student support offer.
CLICK HERE for the information available on welfare, wellbeing and mental health support.
CLICK HERE for details of external wellbeing and crisis contacts who can help support you.
In addition to this, Student Space is a dedicated website platform for university students with expert information and advice to help you through the challenges of coronavirus. This website is led by Student Minds, which is the UK’s student mental health charity.
Other useful information
On our website, we have created a series of guides and resources to help you during self-isolation.
- As we are currently having to adjust the way we work here are some useful video conferencing tips - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/video-conferencing-tips
- If you are still studying or working from home, this will help ensure you stay productive and healthy - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/tips-for-studying-and-working-from-home
- Looking after your health both physically and mentally during this time is vital - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/look-after-your-mental-and-physical-wellbeing
- Parents of children may have to be home-schooling and keeping them entertained so we have created a guide full of resources that will definitely help you - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/resources-for-parents-during-self-isolation
The Office for Students (OfS) is the higher education regulator and has updates for students and providers - www.officeforstudents.org.uk/coronavirus