Crisis Contacts

  • Mental Health Crisis Line
    You might be in crisis if:
       • You are thinking of hurting yourself or suicide seems the only option
       • Someone you know has made threats to hurt you or someone else.
       • You are experiencing extreme distress that seems overwhelming.

    Call 111 and press option 2 for the First Response Service - a 24-hour service for people in a mental health crisis. This service is for anyone, of any age, who is registered with a GP  in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough. Specially-trained mental health staff will speak to you and discuss with you your mental health care needs – instead of you having to go to accident and emergency departments of local acute hospitals.

  • Police
    Open 24 hours a day and accessed via 999 or 101.

    999 should only be used in an emergency. An emergency is when someone is at risk of getting injured, bring threatened or a crime or is being committed and is in progress.

    101 should be used for all other enquires, advice on police matters and to report crimes which have already happened, where there is no sign of an offender.

    The Police are a trusted, free service in the UK and you should have no fear or hesitancy in contacting them when appropriate.

  • National Debt Line

    National Debtline is a free, independent and confidential debt advice service run by the charity Money Advice Trust.

    Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 21:00
    Saturday 09:30 – 13.00
    0808 808 4000

  • Drink Line 

    If you need support with alcohol consumption.
    0800 917 8282 (24 hours)
    Find out more here.

  • Frank (Drugs Helpline)
    FRANK helps you find out everything you might want to know about drugs (and some stuff you don't).

    0800 776600 (24 hours)

  • Samaritains 
    Samaritans provide confidential non-judgmental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. 

    01733 312727 or 116 123

  • The Elms
    Offer free support and practical help to anyone in Cambridgeshire who has experienced sexual abuse. Their service is completely confidential and you do not have to give any personal information in order to get help.

    Available 24/7 on 0800 193 5434

  • CPFT Psychological Wellbeing Service 
    This service is set up to help those aged 17 and over who are suffering from mild to moderate depression and anxiety disorders including generalised anxiety, social anxiety, post traumatic stress, health anxiety, panic, phobia or obsessive compulsive disorder.  

    0300 300 0055 
    or referral with your GP 

Copyright © University Centre Peterborough. All rights reserved. Site by i3MEDIA