The following information is useful for students before starting in September 2020. CLICK HERE for more information about when starting in September 2020.
Can I still apply to UCP to start in September 2020?
Yes, University Centre Peterborough are currently accepting applications for all courses starting in September 2020. CLICK HERE for details of all our courses available.
If you have not made an application through UCAS, then you can apply to us today by contacting email@example.com with details of the course(s) you want to study and your current qualifications or predicted grades.
If you have already applied to another institution and changed your mind and want to study at UCP, there are two scenarios:
- If you have not yet accepted any offers via UCAS Track, you can decline the offer/s (before 18th June 2020) and then select UCP as an additional choice through the 'UCAS Extra' period.
- If you have already accepted an offer, you will need to wait until 6th July 2020 and then release yourself into Clearing via UCAS Track and then apply to UCP.
In both of these scenarios, before you do anything, we would advise that you contact the Admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org to check we can offer you a place.
If I have already applied, when do I need to confirm my Firm place?
Applicants who have already applied for a full-time course at UCP and received a conditional or unconditional offer by 4th June 2020 must reply via UCAS Track by 18th June 2020 or UCAS will automatically decline all offers. UCAS have extended this date due to the Coronavirus situation.
If you have received an offer after 5th June 2020, please check UCAS Track for your application status.
Part-time students must confirm to UCP directly.
You are advised to confirm your place as early as possible to secure the place on the course and arrange your student finances.
I haven’t received my grades yet, what do I do?
We fully understand that you may be concerned about exams and achieving the grades required for you to start your degree course. Please be reassured that the UCP recognise that this situation is beyond your control at present and whilst there is some uncertainty around grades, we would still encourage you to continue with your application. It is important that you contact the Admissions team on email@example.com if you have been unable to sit exams or have circumstances which may affect your application. We will update you again regarding this as we closely monitor the situation over the coming months. We will be following the guidance provided by Ofqual in terms of grade predictions for qualifications completed this year.
The following link - www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofqual has updates for students who are waiting for GCSE, A-level and vocational qualification results such as BTECs.
How can I get help and advice with my application?
For applications, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and please give details of the course(s) you want to study and your current qualifications or predicted grades.
Where can I get more information about student finance?
We have a series of Virtual 1:1 Advice Sessions and Virtual Open Days where you can receive information about student finances (tuition fee loan and/or maintenance loan) with the opportunity to ask questions. At the Virtual 1:1 Advice Sessions we can answer your questions in the strictest confidence as these are individual sessions. At the Virtual Open Days there will be live group webinars with the opportunity to ask questions as part of the group. For more information and to book a place visit www.ucp.ac.uk/events
You can apply for student finances via the government website - www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance, which provides all students applying for an undergraduate loan with a step-by-step guide to finance.
IMPORTANT - When you apply for student finance funding, note that all UCP courses are registered under Anglia Ruskin University finance provision (institution code A60). All UCP courses will have UCP displayed in brackets within the course title. For HNC/HND courses use institution code P56.
Where can I get more information about student accommodation?
We have Virtual Open Days on Saturday 27th June and Saturday 15th August where you can book a 1:1 appointment about Student Accommodation. For more information and to book a place visit www.ucp.ac.uk/events
Alternatively, you can email at email@example.com - please give details of the course you will be studying.
How can I speak to someone about the course I am interested in?
We have Virtual Open Days on Saturday 27th June and Saturday 15th August where you can book a 1:1 appointment with staff from each subject. These are 15 minute sessions where you can find out more about the course and ask questions.
If you cannot attend these Open Days, we can arrange for someone to contact you in person - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to inform UCP if I have a underlying or temporary health concern?
Yes. We are conscientiously planning for the next academic year and in doing so, we are keen to hear from students with underlying or temporary health concerns. Whilst some students have already declared conditions to Student Support, we invite any student with health considerations to complete a short COVID-19 Health Notification Form (see link below) and return it to email@example.com to ensure that we can effectively plan support for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further clarification.
How can I get in contact with UCP?
We recommended that you email us by contacting the relevant department below. We will aim to respond to you within 48 hours during working days from Monday to Friday.
- General enquiries - email@example.com
- Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Support - email@example.com
You can view the following sections on our website which may contain information you will require:
Where can I find out other information regarding higher education and the developments because of Coronavirus / Covid 19?
The following website contain trusted and official information regarding higher education:
- Ofqual (for GCSE, A-level and vocational qualification results such as BTECs) - www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofqual
- Office for Students (OfS) - www.officeforstudents.org.uk/coronavirus
- UCAS Latest Updates - www.ucas.com/coronavirus-updates-hub
- Student Loans Company - www.gov.uk/government/organisations/student-loans-company
Is there additonal help and support for students during self-isolation?
On our website, we have created a series of guides and resources to help you during self-isolation.
- As we are currently having to adjust the way we work here are some useful video conferencing tips - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/video-conferencing-tips
- If you are still studying or working from home, this will help ensure you stay productive and healthy - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/tips-for-studying-and-working-from-home
- Looking after your health both physically and mentally during this time is vital - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/look-after-your-mental-and-physical-wellbeing
- For those of you who already live in Peterborough we have put together a list of local Covid 19 support groups on Facebook - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/local-covid-19-facebook-support-groups
- Parents of children may have to be home-schooling and keeping them entertained so we have created a guide full of resources that will definitely help you - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/resources-for-parents-during-self-isolation
For the latest government advice about Coronavirus, these links have all the official information you need to know about Coronavirus - www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and www.gov.uk/coronavirus