When you apply for a degree course through UCAS you can apply for just one or up to five institutions. Only when you have received all of your offers back should you then decide where to go but you must to this by the deadlines shown on ‘UCAS Track’ which depends on when you made your application so do not ignore this.
If you have not yet applied to university, there is still time to apply and you can make your application anytime from now up until when the course starts. However, we do advise you to apply as early as possible to secure your course place and then have time to apply for student finances.
If you are only applying to University Centre Peterborough you only need to select one choice at UCP on UCAS even if you are unsure which course you want to study yet - just select your preference as you can change course closer to the time by contacting our Admissions department.
What do I do once I receive all of my university decisions?
When you have received all your offers back, you must reply to any conditional or unconditional offers via UCAS Track by the dates below or UCAS will automatically decline all offers.
Firstly, you have the following three options:
- FIRM ACCEPTANCE – this is your first choice and you select as your firm acceptance. If the offer is an unconditional then the place is yours or if it’s conditional, then the place is yours if you meet the offer conditions (see section below if you are still completing your course).
- INSURANCE ACCEPTANCE - this is your plan b. It could be with lower offer conditions in case you change your mind where you want to study or you don’t receive the results you were hoping for. It’s important that you would still be happy to attend this institution.
- DECLINE – you then need to decline all other offers you get. If you decide you don’t want to accept any of your offers, you can decline them all and add more courses in UCAS Extra or see what courses still have vacancies later in UCAS Clearing.
Then you need to reply to university decision by:
- If you receive all of your decisions by 31st March 2020, you must reply by 19th May 2020 (this has been extended by two weeks due to the Coronavirus situation).
- If you receive all of your decisions by 6th May 2020, you must reply by 4th June 2020.
- If you receive all of your decisions by 4th June 2020, you must reply by 18th June 2020.
- If you receive all of your decisions by 13th July 2020, you must reply by 20th July 2020.
- If you receive all of your decisions by 14th July 2020, you must reply by 30th July 2020.
If you are still completing your course
We fully understand that you may be concerned that exams have may be cancelled and you do not know if you have achieved the grades required for you to start your degree course.
As these are uncertain circumstances, we would like to reassure you that if you have been unable to sit exams we may still consider your application (in the form of contextualised offers).
Due to this, it is more important than ever that you confirm your place as soon as possible so we can update you again regarding this as we closely monitor the situation over the coming months.
Things to remember
- In you are in doubt with anything, please contact our Admissions department on email@example.com and they will help you throughout this process.
- Once you’ve accepted a place, you’ve entered a contract with that university so you need to make sure you’re happy with the choices you accept.
- Accept your favourite choice as your firm choice and make sure you really like your insurance option too (just in case).
- If you accept an unconditional offer, you won’t have an insurance choice.
- Remember to the terms and conditions from the university as you are investing a lot of time and money into this very important decision. However, you won't be liable for any finances until you start your course in September.