In light of the concerns surrounding Coronavirus, University Centre Peterborough would like to reassure our applicants starting in September 2020 that we will have plans in place to ensure that our Admissions and Student Support teams operate as normal.
UCP are currently teaching and assessing online and it is likely that we will continue in this mode for semester 1 subject to government and DfE guidelines. We have invested in a virtual learning environment that will allow you to engage with your peers and teaching team and we are continually reviewing and enhancing this. The reintroduction of face-to-face delivery will resume when it is safe to do so.
The safety of our students and staff is of paramount importance to us at this time and all of our staff are working remotely to ensure this. We will continue to update you via this webpage with any new developments.
Please contact our Admissions and Student Support teams on the emails below if you require any additional guidance, reassurance or have any concerns you wish to discuss.
Our virtual campus tours provide an opportunity to discuss individual requirements and are promoted in our events section by clicking here.
If you are unable to contact us by phone, we recommended that you email us by contacting the relevant department below. We will aim to respond to you within 48 hours during working days from Monday to Friday.
You can view the following sections on our website which may contain information you will require:
IF YOU ARE STILL COMPLETING YOUR COURSE
We fully understand that you may be concerned about exams and achieving the grades required for you to start your degree course. Please be reassured that the UCP recognises that this situation is beyond your control at present and whilst there is some uncertainty around grades, we would still encourage you to continue with your application. It is important that you contact the Admissions Team if you have been unable to sit exams or have circumstances which may affect your application. We will update you again regarding this as we closely monitor the situation over the coming months. We will be following the guidance provided by Ofqual in terms of grade predictions for qualifications completed this year.
The following link has updates for students who are waiting for GCSE, A-level and vocational qualification results such as BTECs:
The trusted sites for official information regarding higher education are below:
- Office for Students (OfS) - www.officeforstudents.org.uk/coronavirus
- UCAS Latest Updates - www.ucas.com/coronavirus-updates-hub
- Student Loans Company - www.gov.uk/government/organisations/student-loans-company
CONFIRMING YOUR COURSE PLACE
Please remember that if you have not yet confirmed your place to study at University Centre Peterborough, full-time students must do this via your UCAS Track account (part-time to confirm to UCP directly).
You must reply to any conditional or unconditional offers via UCAS Track by the dates below or UCAS will automatically decline all offers.
- If you get all offers by 4th June 2020 you must reply by 18th June 2020 (UCAS have extended this date due to the Coronavirus situation)
APPLYING FOR STUDENT FINANCE
If you require student finance (tuition fee loan and/or maintenance loan) you can make your application from the end of February 2020 and you are advised not to leave it too late.
You will need to do this via the government website (www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance), which provides all students applying for an undergraduate loan with a step-by-step guide to finance.
IMPORTANT - When you apply for student finance funding, note that all UCP courses are registered under Anglia Ruskin University finance provision (institution code A60). All UCP courses will have UCP displayed in brackets within the course title. For HNC/HND courses use institution code P56.
TIPS DURING SELF-ISOLATION
On our website, we have created a series of guides and resources to help you during self-isolation.
- As we are currently having to adjust the way we work here are some useful video conferencing tips - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/video-conferencing-tips
- If you are still studying or working from home, this will help ensure you stay productive and healthy - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/tips-for-studying-and-working-from-home
- Looking after your health both physically and mentally during this time is vital - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/look-after-your-mental-and-physical-wellbeing
- For those of you who already live in Peterborough we have put together a list of local Covid 19 support groups on Facebook - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/local-covid-19-facebook-support-groups
- Parents of children may have to be home-schooling and keeping them entertained so we have created a guide full of resources that will definitely help you - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/resources-for-parents-during-self-isolation
For the latest government advice about Coronavirus, these links have all the official information you need to know about Coronavirus - www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and www.gov.uk/coronavirus