In light of the concerns surrounding Coronavirus, University Centre Peterborough would like to reassure our applicants starting in September 2020 that we will have plans in place to ensure that our Admissions and Student Support teams operate as normal.
The safety of our students, staff and their families is of our utmost priority and therefore staff might be working remotely from home over the forthcoming weeks.
If you are unable to contact us by phone, we recommended that you email us by contacting the relevant department below. We will aim to respond to you within 48 hours during working days from Monday to Friday.
You can view the following sections on our website which may contain information you will require:
IF YOU ARE STILL COMPLETING YOUR COURSE
We fully understand that you may be concerned about exams and achieving the grades required for you to start your degree course. As these are uncertain circumstances, we would like to reassure you that if you have been unable to sit exams we may still consider your application (in the form of contextualised offers). We will update you again regarding this as we closely monitor the situation over the coming months.
The following link has an update for students who are waiting for GCSE, AS-level and A-level results (03/04/19):
The trusted sites for official information regarding higher education are below:
- Office for Students (OfS) - www.officeforstudents.org.uk/coronavirus
- UCAS Latest Updates - www.ucas.com/coronavirus-updates-hub
- Student Loans Company - www.gov.uk/government/organisations/student-loans-company
CONFIRMING YOUR COURSE PLACE
Please remember that if you have not yet confirmed your place to study at University Centre Peterborough, full-time students must do this via your UCAS Track account (part-time to confirm to UCP directly).
You must reply to any conditional or unconditional offers via UCAS Track by the dates below or UCAS will automatically decline all offers.
- If you receive all offers by 31st March 2020 you must reply by 19th May 2020 (UCAS has extended this by two weeks)
- If you receive all offers by 6th May 2020 you must reply by 4th June 2020
- If you receive all offers by 4th June 2020 you must reply by 18th June 2020
APPLYING FOR STUDENT FINANCE
If you require student finance (tuition fee loan and/or maintenance loan) you can make your application from the end of February 2020 and you are advised not to leave it too late.
You will need to do this via the government website (www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance), which provides all students applying for an undergraduate loan with a step-by-step guide to finance.
IMPORTANT - When you apply for student finance funding, note that all UCP courses are registered under Anglia Ruskin University finance provision (institution code A60). All UCP courses will have UCP displayed in brackets within the course title. For HNC/HND courses use institution code P56.
TIPS DURING SELF-ISOLATION
On our website, we have created a series of guides and resources to help you during self-isolation.
- As we are currently having to adjust the way we work here are some useful video conferencing tips - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/video-conferencing-tips
- If you are still studying or working from home, this will help ensure you stay productive and healthy - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/tips-for-studying-and-working-from-home
- Looking after your health both physically and mentally during this time is vital - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/look-after-your-mental-and-physical-wellbeing
- For those of you who already live in Peterborough we have put together a list of local Covid 19 support groups on Facebook - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/local-covid-19-facebook-support-groups
- Parents of children may have to be home-schooling and keeping them entertained so we have created a guide full of resources that will definitely help you - www.ucp.ac.uk/news/resources-for-parents-during-self-isolation
For the latest government advice about Coronavirus, these links have all the official information you need to know about Coronavirus - www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and www.gov.uk/coronavirus