The Humanities and Social Science Dissertation Conference gave the opportunity for third year students from the Psychosocial Studies, Sociology, Criminology, Public Services and English Literature degree programmes to present their dissertation ideas and progress to an audience of their staff, students and special guests in order to gain feedback.
A multi-disciplinarian approach was taken, with the idea that peer support and feedback would be beneficial to the third years, as well as gaining insight from degree programmes that were different from their own. The other major impetus behind the conference was to help cement and further develop skills of presentation and communication that would be necessary to get students Masters ready and/or ready for the world of work.
The conference continues to be a great success as allows second year students to contribute to the presentations and learn from their peers for when they participate in the event next year.
Congratulations to the following students who were awarded were awarded Trophy by the panel of judges and Certificate which was chosen by the audience.
- Trophy winner: Vicky-Louise Fovargue (Criminology)
- Certificate winner: Vicky-Louise Fovargue (Criminology)
- Trophy winner: Alexey Yakovlev (Psychosocial Studies)
- Certificate winner: Parvinder Wahiwala (Sociology)
- Trophy winner: Ryan Ellington (Public Services)
- Certificate winner: Ryan Ellington (Public Services)
- Trophy winner: Christabell Mukami (Psychosocial Studies)
- Certificate Winner: Christabell Mukami (Psychosocial Studies)
- Trophy winner: Debbie Williams (Sociology)
- Certificate winner: Arooj Khan (Sociology)
- Trophy winner: Sean Barrs (English Literature)
- Certificate winner: Sean Barrs (English Literature)
- Trophy winner: Holly Mayho (Criminology)
- Certificate winner: Holly Mayho (Criminology)
- Trophy winner: Jessica Saggese (Psychosocial Studies)
- Certificate winner: Jessica Saggese (Psychosocial Studies)