Welfare Support

We offer a wide range of services to support your health and wellbeing during your studies. Speak to a member of our Student Support Team to access any advice or discuss any concerns you may be experiencing. We are here to listen, help and support you with both your academic life and wellbeing. There are some services we do not offer on-site, but can assist you in accessing other specialist services that you may need. 

  • Mental Health & Wellbeing
    We all need to look after our mental health, the same as our physical health to enable us to live a happy and healthy life. Some common problem students experience can be; anger, anxiety, avoidance, eating disorders, feeling out of control, hearing voices, insomnia, no motivation, over-thinking, panic attacks, poor concentration, self-esteem concerns, suicidal thoughts.

    Some useful self-help resources can be found through Mind and the NHSStudents Against Depression is a website offering advice, information, guidance and resources to those affected by low mood, depression and suicidal thinking.

    If you feel that you are struggling, experiencing any of the above symptoms or would like to access some advice and support then do not be afraid to contact us via support@ucp.ac.uk or 01733 214466. You are not alone, there is support available for you. 

    If you're experiencing a mental health crisis and think you need to see someone more immediately, visit your local GP or A&E department for support 

  • Emotional Support
    Need a chat or unsure of your options? Book an appointment via support@ucp.ac.uk with one of the Student Support Team. We can discuss the range of options available to you and advise on any specialist services that you can access. 

  • Multi-Faith Chaplaincy  
    Whatever your background or faith, our chaplains are here to offer spiritual and pastoral support.

    Our Chaplaincy offer a free tea and coffee morning in our main atrium every Thursday morning during term time where you can meet for an informal chat or to arrange a one-to-one meeting with them to discuss anything in more detail. They can be contacted on chaplaincy@peterborough.ac.uk outside of this time.

  • Disability Support & Additional Learning Needs 
    If you have any long-term medical conditions, mental health difficulties, physical disability or learning difficulty which impact on your studies, we can offer support and guidance to you throughout your academic time with us.  We will need you to disclose and provide evidence of your disability, learning difficulty or long-term medical condition in order for us to be able to provide you with support. 

    As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability or long term health condition that impacts on your study. DSA is paid on top of your other student finance. They help you pay the extra costs you may have because of your disability. They don’t have to be repaid. How much you get depends on your individual needs - not your household income.

    For more information on DSA or to discuss your circumstances with us please speak to our Student Support Team. 

Copyright © University Centre Peterborough. All rights reserved. Site by i3MEDIA