Skip to content

Thinking of leaving UCP?

You may have doubts at some point during your studies where you experience difficulties or have concerns the university is not for you. Or it may be that you feel you are on the wrong course, or that you would prefer to be at a different university. First of all, don’t just drop out, talk to someone.

You can make an appointment with the Student Support team by contacting main reception

Things to consider

Are you experiencing financial barriers?

Our Student Support team can help advise you on an individual basis so you receive what you are entitled to. There might be funding available to you which you are not accessing. In addition to a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, you may also be eligible for one of the following sources of financial help:

  • Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance
  • Adult Dependants’ Grant
  • Childcare Grant
  • Emergency accommodation
  • Hardship funding

If you withdraw you may be required to repay scholarships, grants, or loans. We strongly encourage you to check the financial implications of withdrawing. If you withdraw at some point during the academic year, you will be liable for tuition fees for all or part of that year. The percentage of the tuition fee that you are charged depends on when you leave the course: within the first 3 weeks 0%, after week 3 but before week 1 of semester 2 50%, after the start of semester 2 100%.

Please refer to your Terms and Conditions – UCP Offer and Enrolment document provided to you prior to your enrolment and  for more financial information on withdrawing. Further information about student finance is available from or 0300 100 0607.

Still wish to withdraw?

After taking all this into consideration if you feel you still need to continue with withdrawing from your course, you must book an appointment with a Student Advisor to complete the Withdrawal Form giving your details and the reason(s) why you wish to leave. You will also need to return any material on loan from UCP, including library books, parking permit and ID badge. You may be entitled to a partial refund or in rare cases, a full tuition fee refund. Refer to the Tuition Fee Refund Appeal Form.

If you are employer sponsored / sponsored by another organisation you must have agreement from your employer before you request to withdraw.. They will need to agree your withdrawal and understand any fees implications.. We are happy to provide this information but it is the student’s responsibility to seek agreement from their employer or sponsor.

Part of the Inspire Education Group © 2024 All rights reserved

Website by Itineris